Skip to main content

Justin Baldoni and Wife Emily Baldoni’s Relationship Timeline: Photos

Couple goals! Justin Baldoni knew instantly that wife Emily Baldoni (née Foxler) was The One.

“One of the things I learned from my mom was trusting my intuition, something I wish more men would tap into,” the Jane the Virgin alum told Makers in an October 2017 interview. “I had made the same mistake so many times, searching for something in a package that I thought I would want. When I met Emily, it was unlike all my other experiences.”

He added: “She had like a depth and a grace and this quiet strength that I think I always dreamed of and I just knew [she was The One].”

After several years of dating, Justin proposed to the Swedish actress in April 2013 at the Blu Jam Cafe, which is the same restaurant where they had their first date. The special moment, which subsequently went viral on YouTube, featured an epic 27-minute video of proposal ideas. In the clip, the Man Enough author lip-synced to various love songs, participated in a flash mob and made his own action movie trailer while “on his way” to the restaurant.

“I just kept telling myself, ‘This is not a proposal! This is not a proposal! It’s something else,’” Emily recalled to Entertainment Tonight in October 2014. “He’s the master of surprises. The master.”

The Sweden native naturally said “yes” and the pair tied the knot three months later.

The twosome continued to grow in love while also expanding their brood. Daughter Maiya and son Maxwell were born in 2015 and 2017, respectively.

“Adulting is hard. Can we just be kids again? Emily and I will spend the next hour catching up on some work, and then it’s mommy and daddy time,” Justin exclusively told Us Weekly in October 2021 of the couple’s nighttime routine, teasing a peek into a typical day in his life. “The rest is none of your business.”

As the duo balances parenting their little ones and their relationship, the It Ends With Us star has frequently credited his spouse for making him a better man.

“My dearest wife. My help mate. My home. She is unstoppable in all things,” Justin gushed via Instagram in February 2022. “Her kindness, love, and compassion for humanity inspires me daily to be better. The work I do publicly with men would not happen without her pushing me to be a better man privately. Look to the mothers and women in your life today. Celebrate their strength and resilience.”

He added at the time: “You are my valentine every day — but especially on days when you say badass things like [you did on my ‘Man Enough’ podcast] and fight for all the women and girls who deserve to be seen and celebrated.”

Scroll below to see Justin and Emily’s complete relationship timeline:


October 2013
The “Man Enough” podcast host proposed to Emily on April 13, where he instructed her to meet him at the Blu Jam Cafe in Los Angeles since he was running late. The Coherence actress was then surprised to see a TV playing Justin’s epic proposal video. The clip has since been viewed more than 13 million times. Wayfarer Studios/YouTube
July 2013
The Wayfarer Studios founder and Emily tied the knot in Corona, California. “I want to start off my vows to you with an apology: I’m sorry for all my faults, my shortcomings, my insecurities and my ego and for everything that I’ve ever done or said that’s hurt you and everything that I’ve brought to this relationship that hasn’t been pure,” Justin said during the ceremony, per a recording shared via YouTube. “With that apology also comes a promise. Emily, for the rest of my life, I will cherish you, I will appreciate you, I will listen to you, I will laugh with you [and] I will take care of you.” Matt Sayles/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
June 2015
Us exclusively confirmed on June 30 that Emily had given birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Maiya Grace, three days earlier. “The birth of our little Maiya was the most beautiful and spiritual experience we have ever had,” they told Us in a statement at the time. “Having her at home in our bed and being able to sing and pray as she entered this world while holding her in the quiet of our home is something we will cherish forever. Our hearts are exploding with love.” Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
October 2017
Justin and Emily welcomed their second child, son Maxwell Roland-Samuel, on October 18. After becoming a father of two, the Five Feet Apart director could see one core similarity between himself and his Jane the Virgin character, Rafael Solano. “We’d both take a bullet for our children. We want them to have better lives and opportunities than we did,” Justin told Us later that month. “But I wouldn’t compromise my beliefs or morals because I don’t place the same value on wealth and financial security that he does. The biggest difference is that I have a strong spiritual belief and Rafael doesn’t because he’s so hurt and broken.” Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
February 2020
“I love this picture because it captures our marriage to the T. She is the grounded, tree-like steady force in my life,” the filmmaker wrote via Instagram, sharing a blurry kissing pic. "I am the tornado holding the camera and making everything blurry. Yet somehow, we balance each other out, and when we come together...we are just in focus enough.”   Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
October 2020
They snapped a selfie after voting in the presidential election.   Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
April 2021
“Without this woman, there would be no book,” Justin gushed via Instagram following the release of his Man Enough memoir. Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
August 2021
The pair smooched during a Mexican vacation. Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
September 2021
Justin and Emily played with Maiya and Maxwell in their backyard. Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
October 2022
They dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible from the 2004 animated movie for their son’s fifth birthday party. Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram
January 2023
Justin cuddled his wife on the morning of his 39th birthday. Courtesy of Justin Baldoni/Instagram


from Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Pictures - Us Weekly https://ift.tt/VMxBFso

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their