Skip to main content

Kelly Osbourne’s Ups and Downs Through the Years

Overcoming the odds. Over the years, Kelly Osbourne has shared her struggles and successes surrounding her sobriety, weight loss and other personal moments.

“I got sober,” the former Fashion Police host exclusively told Us Weekly in May 2021. “I replaced drugs and alcohol with food, my body metabolized differently. Once I got sober and I gained weight uncontrollably, it was insane. [People] kept telling me, ‘You should do the [gastric sleeve] surgery.’ I was so against it. … I thought the surgery was a cop-out and that it was like cheating. That couldn’t be further from the truth. What the surgery did was give me a fighting chance.”

The Masked Singer alum previously revealed in August 2020 that she had lost 85 pounds after having the procedure two years earlier.

“I lost, like, I want to say 35 pounds, 40 pounds, and then I stopped losing weight,” she told Us. “I just stopped because I didn’t listen to what they said. I just thought it was going to be a quick fix. I’d be done. I’d be skinny. [I thought I] didn’t have to work out or do anything. I could not have been more wrong. You have to do every single thing that they tell you to do when you do the surgery, or it doesn’t work.”

Along with her wellness journey, Osbourne also struggled with addiction and her sobriety. One year after beginning the 12-step process, she reflected on her ups and downs in a candid Instagram post.

“This past year has been one of the hardest years of my life and I feel it’s time to share that with you guys,” the Osbournes alum wrote in August 2018 social media upload. “To cut a long story short things got really dark. I gave up on everything in my life but most of all I gave up on myself. Life on life’s terms became to much for me to handle. The only way I knew how to function was to self medicate and go from project to project so I never had to focus on what was really going on with me. Something had to give… and it did.”

After several years of being clean, she later relapsed while in quarantine throughout the coronavirus pandemic, which began in early 2020.

“I don’t know why my nervous breakdown happened at the end of the lockdown, I made it all the way through, everything was great and my life was perfect,” Osbourne told Extra in April 2021. “I’m that girl that when everything is going great I need to f—k it up a little and make everything a little bit worse in my life. I am an addict and had thought that I had enough time under my belt and I could drink like a normal person, and it turns out I cannot and I will never be normal. I don’t know why I even tried it. It’s not for me and it took me a matter of days and I was like, ‘Done, not doing this.’”

The There Is No F—king Secret author revealed in October 2021 that she was on the wagon again.

“Today marks my 37th birthday and I’m 5 months sober!!! I am filled with so much gratitude it’s almost overwhelming! 💜,” she captioned an Instagram post at the time.

Scroll below to see the reality TV personality’s ups and downs throughout the years:


November 2010
After her 2009 stint on Dancing With the Stars, Osbourne lost nearly 20 pounds thanks to the daily cardio sessions and a change to her diet. "I was called fat and ugly in the press almost my entire life," she recalled to Shape magazine one year later of her weight loss journey. "I understand that being judged by others comes with the territory, but it broke my heart and ruined my self-esteem. It sets you up to hate yourself in a huge way. I was so angry about the things people said about me.”  When the ABC competition had ended, she later struggled with her weight and workout motivation, telling the magazine, “I didn't like it one bit. I thought, 'Kelly, you've come this far, let's see what you can really do!’ I would look at myself and think, ‘Ugh!' To get to the gym, when you already don't like yourself, is really hard." KCR/Shutterstock
April 2018
The reality TV alum opened up being diagnosed with Lyme disease in her 2018 memoir, There Is No F—king Secret. She wrote at the time, “The doctors kept changing my prescription, trying to get the dosage right, and it turned me into a zombie. You know in movies where a mental patient sits in a rocking chair in a cardigan and nightgown and stares at a wall all day? That was me.” After her initial diagnosis, she underwent stem cell therapy treatment, writing, “I’ve kept quiet about my Lyme disease, not only for fear of pharmaceutical companies coming after me because of the cure I found in Germany but also because it seems like the trendy disease to have right now, and I’m tired of seeing sad celebrities play the victim on the cover of weekly mags. Since I know firsthand how awfully debilitating it is, I know who really has it and who is just trying to prolong their 15 minutes. I don’t understand how anyone could think that the life you have to live with Lyme disease is glamorous.” Cyril Pecquenard/Shutterstock
August 2018
While marking one year of sobriety, Osbourne thanked her family for their support, sharing via Instagram, “I have spend the past year truly working on my mind body and soul! I had to take a step out of the public eye away from work and give myself a chance to heal and figure out who the fuck I really am without a camera in my face. … Thank you to my Mum and Dad for never giving up on me. I love my family with all my heart. Thank you to the friends who have walked the path of sobriety with me I could not have done this with out there love and support. I can’t believe It’s been a year!!! I still don’t know who the f—k I am or what the f—k I want but I can whole heartedly confess that I’m finally at peace with myself and truly starting to understand what true happiness is. I’m sorry if I let anyone down it was just time for me to work on me!” Shutterstock
August 2020
Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter opened up about undergoing gastric sleeve surgery two years prior. “I had really bad TMJ. One of the things they did to stop it was they gave me injections in my jaw. It kinda made my jaw look skinnier. That’s when people started to notice that I had really lost weight because it changed the shape of everything,”  Kelly said during an episode of the “Hollywood Raw with Dax Holt and Adam Glyn” podcast at the time. “I found out It’s called buckle fat. It changed everything on my face! How the f–k did I not know about this sooner?”   She continued, “I don’t give a f–k what anyone has to say. I did it, I’m proud of it, they can suck s–t. I did the gastric sleeve. All it does is change the shape of your stomach. I got that almost two years ago. I will never, ever, ever lie about it ever. It is the best thing I have ever done.” Shutterstock; Courtesy Kelly Osbourne/Instagram
October 2020
The England native showed her impressive weight loss while celebrating her birthday. Months earlier, she shared a selfie of her weight loss progress, writing, “Today I’m feeling #Gucci.” At the time, a friend commented that she “lost a lot of weight,” to which Kelly replied, “That’s right mamma Mai I lost 85lbs since I last saw you. Can you believe it?” Lionel Hahn/Epic Records/PictureGroup/Shutterstock
April 2021
After nearly four years sober, the TV host relapsed amid the coronavirus pandemic. “This is a little hard for me to talk about, but I’ve always promised you that I will always be honest with you about where I’m at and what’s going on in my road to recovery,” she explained via her Instagram Story. “I relapsed. Not proud of it. But I am back on track.” Courtesy of Kelly Osbourne/Instagram
June 2021
During a Red Table Talk appearance, the designer opened about her addiction struggles, telling the hosts, “I had a really bad case of tonsillitis. They ended up having to give me some crazy surgery and then after that they gave me Vicodin and that was all I needed. I went from having every voice in my head being like, ‘You’re fat, you’re ugly, you’re not good enough, no one likes you, you don’t deserve this, people only like you for who your parents are,’ then all of a sudden every single voice was silent. It felt like life gave me a hug.” Courtesy Kelly Osbourne/Instagram
October 2021
“Today marks my 37th birthday and I’m 5 months sober!!! I am filled with so much gratitude it’s almost overwhelming! 💜,” she captioned a birthday selfie via Instagram. Courtesy of Kelly Osbourne/Instagram


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3bvtaSV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the

Baseball Legend Hank Aaron and More Stars We’ve Lost in 2021

It’s never easy to say goodbye. Scroll down to see Us Weekly ‘s tribute to the celebrities who died in 2021. Angie Jakusz The Survivor alum died in New Orleans following a long battle with cancer on January 8. She was 40. “Angie was an incredibly passionate person with an extraordinary lust for life,” her loved ones wrote in an obituary published via Nola.com. “Whether she was sewing, painting, drawing, doing nail art or makeup, costuming, reading, snorkeling, scuba diving, traveling or just raising hell, she did it lovingly and with laser precision. She was a founding member of the New Orleans Noise Coalition and had been a contestant on season 10 of Survivor.” Monty Brinton/CBS Joanne Rogers The musician, the widow of Fred Rogers , died in Pittsburgh on January 14. She was 92. No cause of death was given at the time. "Fred Rogers Productions is deeply saddened by the passing of Joanne Rogers. The loving partner of Fred Rogers for more than 50 years, she continued their