Skip to main content

Jersey Shore’s Angelina, Chris 'Working Out Issues' as Divorce Is Dismissed

Facing the obstacles. Angelina Pivarnick and Chris Larangeira got married after two years of dating — but their relationship has faced issues over the years.

The duo started dating in 2016 after knowing one another for more than a decade. Us Weekly exclusively reported that the twosome were engaged in January 2018.

“We went out to a beautiful Italian dinner,” Angelina told Us at the time. She revealed that that Chris had written “I Love You Angelina” in flowers at his home when they returned home.

“I followed a trail of rose petals all the way to his bed,” the Jersey Shore star added.

The pair first tied the knot in November 2019, which was filmed for the season 3 finale of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation. Cast members Jenni “JWoww” Farley, Deena Cortese and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi all served as bridesmaids, but things took a turn during their bridesmaid speech.

After Jenni poked fun at the bride, Angelina stormed off following the speech. Angelina and Chris redid their special day during a February 2021 episode of MTV’s reality show.

At the time, Angelina hinted at a possible issue between her and Chris when she revealed that they don’t have a lot of sex.

“Unfortunately, Chris and I did not have sex, and there was no sex on the real wedding night either,” she said during the episode.

Angelina later revealed that the pandemic didn’t help her marriage and viewers would be able to see the issues on the show.

“It was a lot with this pandemic. Unlike Pauly D and Nikki Hall, it didn’t really help our relationship out too much. It kind of did the opposite,” she exclusively told Us in June 2021.

During the season, Angelina explained how one fight between her and her husband led to him moving out.

“We got into a fight and he moved in with his mother, and it’s been a few weeks now,” she explained in a June 2021 episode of Jersey Show: Family Vacation.

She continued: “Chris leaving and taking down his stocking, ripping up ‘Merry Christmas to my wife’ card, he wanted me to see that card ripped up. Chris wanted me to see that stocking gone. Chris wanted me to see all his clothing gone. For him to do that to me over a fricken fight, it’s just not fair, you know?”

While Angelina filed for divorce in January 2021, Us confirmed that September that their divorce case was dismissed nearly two months prior.

Scroll through for a timeline of their ups and downs:


September 2017

The couple went Instagram official in September 2017.

"#mine😍," the sanitation worker captioned the sweet photo on social media at the time.

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
January 2018

Us broke the news of Angelina and Chris' engagement in January 2018. 

The duo shared that they were friends for years before they started seeing each other.

“We always liked each other,” the MTV personality told Us. “But I believe God brought us together at the right time.”

Aquetra Media / MEGA
November 2019

Angelina and Chris tied the knot at the Park Château Estate & Gardens in East Brunswick, New Jersey. 

Pauly D, Vinny Guadagnino, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino were all at the wedding as well.

After the episode of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation aired, Angelina explained why she reacted to the speech made by her bridesmaids. 

"My husband was distraught and I was acting like I was okay with this," she tweeted in June 2020. "I saw his face and I snapped because I know my husband and I know the look in his eyes. I just couldn’t hold it back anymore. I was also mad don't get it twisted."

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
November 2019

Following the drama at their nuptials, Angelina took to social media to thank her husband for being there for her.

“Happiness is the key in any marriage and partnership,” she wrote via Instagram a week after her wedding. “Thank you @chris_e_piss_e for loving me for me and never letting things affect you.”

 

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
November 2020

Chris shared his love for his wife one year after they got married.

"Happy one year anniversary baby. Through all the ups and downs in life the one constant is our love for each other," he captioned the post via Instagram in November 2020. "One year ago today you made the most beautiful bride on our special day. Today you make the most beautiful wife a husband can ever ask for. You are my rock and my one and only and I will always love you now and forever."

 

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
February 2021

The pair decided to have a second wedding ceremony during season 4 of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, which caused Angelina to confess that they didn't consummate their marriage the night of their initial nuptials.

“Maybe on the redo, we'll finally have sex. Probably not, but I'm just saying," she said during the February 2021 episode. "Yeah, it's probably not going to happen. It never happens anyway. We never have sex.”

MTV
June 2021

During an interview with Us, Angelina revealed that she did see motherhood in her future but that her marriage paused her plans a little bit.

"It's weird. It comes and goes. I'm going to be 35 on June 26. So I am getting older. But you'll see how the whole entire relationship drama between Chris and I plays out this new season," she exclusively told Us while promoting season 5 of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation.

She explained that the pandemic didn't help her relationship.

"It wasn't great to me, [I’ll] put it that way. It was not great to me," she added at the time.

 

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
June 2021

The New York native opened up to her costars Jenni and Deena about the issues in her marriage

"It's, like, we'll fight and then whoever starts the fight won't want to bang," she said in the June 2021 episode. "So he don't want to bang, I don't want to bang, no one wants to bang."

Angelina admitted that she didn't mind taking some of the blame for the couple's fights.

"I'm not the most perfect wife ever. I yell at him, I'll belittle him sometimes. I feel like we're both wrong. But see how I'm admitting it to you? He won't ever admit that he's wrong," she clarified.

Angelina revealed during a confessional interview that she didn't know if they could get "the spark back" in their relationship.

"And that's not a good thing," she said at the time.

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
June 2021

During a June 2021 episode of the reality show, Angelina confessed to Mike that Chris moved out after a fight three weeks ago.

"I thought you guys were doing therapy," Mike replied.

"So I asked him to go to therapy and his response to me was always,'You need therapy,'" Angelina clarified.

The Couples Therapy alum revealed that she previously had to hire a lawyer following several fights between her and her husband. 

"I didn't want to hire a lawyer but I felt like I needed to," she shared during the episode. "He hired a lawyer. He blocked me, he won't talk to me."

Angelina opened up about her own mental health and how she felt that Chris didn't care about their relationship.

"My stress level has been through the roof and I think he's laughing. I think he's sitting there laughing, trying to ruin my life, ruin my name ... I mean do I even take him back if he leaves like this?" she said. "I don't know anymore ... It's like I don't even know anybody even more. To me, I thought he was going to be the greatest husband. You know, he was never going to try to do this to me ... I'm having a nervous breakdown."

In a confessional interview, Angelina shared that her husband previously made her feel supported, but she admitted that Chris had changed since then.

"Chris was the first guy in my life that didn't abandon me and made me feel like he would never do this to me so for him to do this to me right now, that's just something nobody should go through in their life," the reality star told the cameras.

Courtesy of Chris Larangeira/Instagram
July 2021

Us confirmed in July that Pivarnick filed for divorce in January 2021.

Getty/MTV


from Celebrity News – Us Weekly https://ift.tt/3vzWZco

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musician Sophie Dead at Age 34 After 'Sudden Accident'

SOPHIE, a Scottish musician, DJ and record producer, has died at age 34. Stars We’ve Lost in 2021 Read article The multihyphenate’s team confirmed the news in a statement on Saturday, January 30, revealing that her death was unexpected. “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4 a.m. in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident,” SOPHIE’s team said in a statement to The Independent . “At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority. We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.” Celebrity LGBTQ Allies Read article The statement went on to tout SOPHIE’s many accolades in electronic pop music: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An ico

Beyonce Praises Meghan Markle for Her ‘Courage’ After Tell-All Interview

Ladies get into formation! Beyoncé showed her support for Meghan Markle after the duchess’ tell-all interview aired on Sunday, March 7. Stars React to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Bombshell Interview Read article “Thank you, Meghan for your courage and leadership,” Beyoncé, 39, wrote via her website on Tuesday, March 9, alongside a photo of the pair at the Lion King premiere in 2019. “ We are all strengthened and inspired by you .” Beyoncé previously paid tribute to the philanthropist, 39, when she and Jay-Z accepted the Brit Award for Best International Group in February 2019. During their speech, the couple stood in front of a portrait of Markle wearing a crown and pearl necklaces . The video was also a nod to the duo’s “APES—T” music video, in which the Mona Lisa was positioned behind them. Meghan Markle meets Beyonce Knowles and her husband, Jay-Z, as she attends the European premiere of the film The Lion King in London on July 14, 2019. Shutterstock “In hono

Pink Helps Husband Carey Hart Recover After Spinal Surgery

Carey Hart and Pink. Rob Latour/Shutterstock Hello nurse! Carey Hart is recovering from spinal surgery with lots of help from his wife, Pink — and he couldn’t be more thankful. Pink and Carey Hart's Relationship Timeline Read article The motocross star , 46, underwent lower spine disc replacement surgery on Thursday, September 23, and let fans know that the procedure was a “success” hours after he got out of the operating room. “One down and one to go,” he wrote on Instagram , adding that he was “up and out of bed and walking, just a few hours post-surgery.” By the next morning, he was already heading home. While still in the hospital on Friday, September 24, he posted a video of himself in his post-op gown taking a stroll around the building. “Been up five times since this,” he bragged. “Can’t wait to come back stronger than ever, and kick ass on my dirt bike in 2022.” While he thanked the staff at DISC Sports & Spine Center in Newport Beach, California, he gave the